About Tom Kitta
Some of my interests
I am a 42-year-old guy
living in Los Angeles (Play Del Rey next to LAX to be more precise), California.
What I do for fun always involves a lot of adventure. Here are few things that I am involved in, I like to anything that
involves some physical activity, preferably with some adrenaline mixed in.
- Climbing - mostly sport, will go into traditional eventually
- Hiking - everything from just a walk in the park to 50 mile day hikes in Grand Canyon
- Running - I run few times a week with a mileage of around 20/week. I run LA marathon in 2008 with time of 3:44h
- Cycling - I frequently use my bike to get to work and for beach cursing
- Mountain biking - need to get into this more as so far I only used my mountain bike as a road bike
- White water rafting - done few times as a crew member, fun, through I am finding class 4 a bit easy now, need class 5
- Mountaineering - this is one of my fun packed activities, climbed about half of California 14ers so far
- Backpacking - I am of average experience level, thanks to my weekend+ hikes
- Car camping - have to take a break once in a while from all this running around and have some red wine while enjoying a good company around a fire
- Working out - cannot do all of fun outdoor stuff without some shifting of iron few times a week
I am an outdoors enthusiast, however if I am indoors I enjoy the following:
- Philosophy - This is by far one of my most cherished interests. Through I don't
read a lot of philosophy related books, I like to talk about different concepts that
require philosophical thought. In difference to many people as long as you have strong
arguments on your side you can win me over. I am very tolerant of other people's views.
- History - I am very interested in the history of combat. I read numerous books
about WWII and other wars both modern and ancient. I am reading books written by authors on
both allied and axis side.
- Politics - My interests in politics are mostly related to the extension of
Politics by the means of military muscle. For example, I like to point out different
fallacies in US foreign policy.
- Sciences - I like anything that deals with science. I like to see different,
not just IT, technologies being applied to better our lives.
- Animals - if a dog is available I take it for a walk - or maybe extended hike, as for a cat I
love to play with it. I like all animals, big and small.
- Coffee - Well, this is not exactly an interest, but trust me, if you spend so
much time sitting on a chair a good cup of coffee is required for your brain to start to
process information. Not needed as much when outdoors.