To obtain a position in company where I can apply my understanding of clean code, usability, accessibility, scalability, data management, web standards and web technology towards improvement of the information infrastructure and World Wide Web, one application at a time.
Platforms:Windows client OS 98/Me/2000/XP, Server OS Windows 2000 standard/advanced, 2003 standard, Linux, Unix, Solaris, Apache and IIS5/6
Programming tools:ColdFusion studio, MS Visual Studio 2005, Flash MX/MX 2004/8, Fusebox, MS SQL Server 2000/2005, Photoshop, XMLSpy, Oracle, MS Source Safe 6, MS Project, MS Visio, Verity, MySQL, Fireworks MX/8
Computer Systems Analyst, creativechannel.com (2006 - present)
- Contributed to the success of CyberScholar network - used by world's largest retailers and electronics vendors as effective e-learning tool. By educating sales representatives about their products vendors influence buyers decision at the point of sale, where it matters most. Retailers benefit from knowledgeable sales associates ability to help their customers with their buying decisions.
- Custom website mini-portal integration with the network, e-learning module design and development.
- Developed reporting solutions used to process data for over 1000 stores with 1000's of employees. Contributed to the design of reporting solution used to display information about e-learning class progress and participation of a workforce with over a million employees.
- Integrated AJAX, ColdFusion, CSS and SQL to create dynamic web pages.
SQL and ColdFusion consultant (2005 - present)
- Created www.careerfairs.ca website that utilizes Object Oriented design patters to interact with other client systems in organized manner.
- Designed www.targetad.ca in a way that optimizes advertisement banner display time with the use of SQL Server 2000 stored procedures. Increased Flash form response time by 1000% with the help of Flash Remoting Version 8.
- Played key role in the development of a service portal for association with more than 30,000 members. Used advanced SQL and ColdFusion optimization techniques in order to improve end-user website experience.
- Designed and implemented a Point of Sale (POS) system using Visual Basic 2005, MS SQL Server Express 2005, web services, ColdFusion and MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise.
- Developed Flash based pages for www.agencyconnect.ca, www.mediacareers.ca, www.careersinfinance.ca and for www.careersineducation.ca.
- Developed CSS based design for epollcenter.com that included incorporation of self-developed Flash based charting.
- Implemented PayPal IPN (Instant Payment Notification) system for automated processing of credit card payments.
ColdFusion developer, Mapfusion.com (2004 - 2005)
- Created and maintained database interface using ColdFusion MX CFCs. ColdFusion was used by Flash MX front end with Flash Remoting as communication platform.
- Assisted with Flash MX programming of the mapping products provided by www.mapfusion.com. Designed and implemented custom Flash MX components
- Well-known, Fortune 500, companies use map locator software developed together with other members of the IT team.
- Designed and coded ColdFusion based complex custom report application that utilized Object Oriented programming principles.
- Extended ColdFusion computational capabilities with CFX tags (ColdFusion extension tag) developed using Java.
Web site developer, database and network administrator, Energyshop.com (2002 - 2004)
- Developed according to strict specifications both internal customer signup and search forms for directenergy.com. Managed backend web administration systems for energyamerica.com and directenergy.com
- Maintained energyshop.com website by expanding its functionality and fixing existing problems.
- Designed and developed web management systems. The largest system contained over 250 web pages and 60 data tables. It was designed to manage a fully connected system of four entities that make up the players in commercial natural gas contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly by developing Flash based quote wizard without prior knowledge of Flash ActionScript in the same time space as was allowed for ColdFusion based wizard.
- Shown ability to innovate by building telecomparisons.com using fusebox framework.
- Maintained database servers by making sure they respond to user request in timely matter and contain data that is frequently backed up to multiple storage areas.
- Optimized data flow by creating stored procedures, data transformation tasks and efficient indexing schema for database tables.
- Expanded company network without need for inconvenient downtime. Protected company network from cracker intrusions with firewall.
- Praised by the supervisor for the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time without sacrificing code quality.
|2000-2001 ||Master of Science, Mathematics, University of Toronto|
Thesis: Pricing and hedging of energy derivatives
|1996-2000 ||Bachelor of Science, Honors with High Distinction, University of Toronto|
Major: Computer Science Specialist: Mathematics
Project: Pseudo-random number generators and their use in Cryptography
Certifications and awards: